SemiAccurate Forums  

Go Back   SemiAccurate Forums > Main Category > OSes

OSes Talk about operating systems

Old 10-10-2009, 01:27 PM
8-bit overflow

levicki is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to levicki Send a message via Skype™ to levicki
Cool Windows Explorer Send To Mail Recipient image resizer

Raymond Chen of Microsoft fame has answered my rant about image resizer dialog which appears when you select Send To Mail Recipient from 3 years ago with some pretty lame excuses.

What do you think? Feel free to chime in either here or over there.

Disclaimer:
This post may contain traces of sarcasm and irony. If you are alergic to those ingredients, then by all means do not consume.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:10 PM
>intel 4004

rich wargo will become famous soon enoughrich wargo will become famous soon enough

You have good points in your "rant", levicki, and Chen's response I found condesending.

First, most people I email, and I suspect most people on the planet, have a rather small message size limit. Most people I email can't receive anything over 4 to 8 MB. Rather annoying when I need to email drawing files, but that's life.

Second, Chen is using an "ad absurdum" argument. Anyone who sends 1,000 anything, much less pictures in a single email is abusing email. His argument is ridiculous.

Just because Microsoft employees have the social skills of neaderthals, doesn't mean the rest of us do. I also thought he of all people was off base commenting on your social skills.

Microsoft employees need to learn that just because something is possible to do, doesn't mean it's a good idea to do. Stop trying to rape the Internet and people's computers on a daily basis, Microsoft, and you might earn some respect.
Oh, and everything I post in these or any other forums, or anywhere else online for that matter, is strictly my personal opinion. I do not represent anyone. Especially the alleged company of which I am no longer an alleged employee.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator

charlie has disabled reputation

The MS guy is an idiot. The solution is quite easy, put in a user accessible setting to chose behavior. Done. But MS is almost as bad as Apple there, "You do it our way, because we know best". At least this idiot didn't point out that sharepoint server would make everything run better, I think all MS external communications need to include that now.

Seriously though, this is why open source is better. If you don't like it, you can change it, or at least submit the change. Our way or the highway isn't all that good of a sales tool.

-Charlie
Old 10-11-2009, 04:53 PM
8-bit overflow

levicki is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to levicki Send a message via Skype™ to levicki

He seems to be defensive about it as if he wrote the feature personally.

Disclaimer:
This post may contain traces of sarcasm and irony. If you are alergic to those ingredients, then by all means do not consume.