Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Administrator

GrandmaWithAnAxe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHolyLancer View Post
I think there needs to be a guide about arguing or something
  • Bad: Charlie is a wrong bastard.
  • Slightly better: Charlie is a wrong bastard (or any swearing words) because of his hatred of CUDA.
  • Better: Charlie is a wrong bastard (or any swearing words) because of his hatred of CUDA as CUDA allows for 1) 2) 3) etc., and this affects the majority of the market / this affects me.
  • Best: Contrary to Charlie's views, CUDA is good as it allows for 1) 2) 3) etc., and this affects the majority of the market / this affects me.
and have like a scale of likelihood of granny interference associated with each go or something.
Those replies should be at least reaching the "better" level to be considered as constructive, but the personal opinion part is unnecessary (everyone should know it's the poster's own opinions unless it's quoted from another person).

The criteria for what is acceptable or not was already detailed several times in the threads.
As for scale of likelihood of Grandma interference, consider bans for the "Bad" level and warnings first then infractions for the "Slightly better" level.

But of course, any un-censored swearing words will be edited out, that's for sure.
So to me, it's still acceptable for something like sh*t.

Last edited by GrandmaWithAnAxe; 09-08-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:55 PM
>intel 4004

rich wargo will become famous soon enoughrich wargo will become famous soon enough
Default Warning: Atomic bombing about to commence.

Oh, boo hoo... Listen, Cam, take it from someone who's lived long enough, Life is not fair!

I dunno where you kiddies get the idea that everything has to be even-handed and "fair'.

Obviously, none of you have taken thermodynamics, which not only declare that you can't win, you can't even break even. You ALWAYS lose!

So, if the universe in general isn't 'fair', why do you think anything else should be?

Justice goes to the side that can hire the better lawyer. Money goes to them that has money. And Charlie can say anything he ************ well pleases on HIS OWN WEBSITE, WHICH HE PAYS FOR OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET.

This isn't a publicly owned website. It belongs to Charlie and his investors. He can say ANYTHING he wants, and calls the shots on what anyone else can say. You think that isn't 'fair'? Try going to Intel's or nVidia's or even AMD's websites and post 'inappropriate' material and see what happens. Hell, even if you're a stockholder and technically an 'owner', you still get slammed.

As far as 'rules' are concerned, if you want your life to be one where every little thing is spelled out so you don't have to think, go to one of George Soros' websites; the Bolshevik scum in charge there will be happy to tell you how you should run your life.

First rule: Never assume you have the same posting 'rights' as the website owner.

Second rule: Read the fu(kin' posts so you get a feel for what is acceptable and what isn't. If you can't read or think, why are you here?

Third rule: If you lock horns with a moderator, accept your (minor) punishment gracefully and move on. You act like it's a fu(kin' capital offense you've been charged with. Get over yourself.

Fourth rule: If in spite of all this, you still insist on acting like a petulant child, whining about how 'unfair' it all is, well, that's just too effin' bad. Who cares? Nobody here. So go to www.whinysissies.com and play with the other gays.

(holds out his hands for the inevitable ruler slap. Yeah, I went to Sunday school to be tortured by nuns.)

Note to ALL, not just Cam: I want all this whining about website rules and moderator actions to just fu(king STOP. NOW. You don't like how this website is run, GO SIT IN A CORNER AND PLAY WITH YOURSELF. For most of you, it's the best we can expect from you, anyway.

(Gawd, how I love a good rant. Especially when it's mine.)

Oh yeah, almost forgot. If you want good graphics, why are you expecting it from a toy computer? You need a real computer, like at least a desktop, if not a workstation. Duh. Limited screen real estate and emphasis on low power, not performance. Hell yes, the graphics are ************ty, and will always be, relatively speaking.
Oh, and everything I post in these or any other forums, or anywhere else online for that matter, is strictly my personal opinion. I do not represent anyone. Especially the alleged company of which I am no longer an alleged employee.

Last edited by rich wargo; 09-08-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM
640k who needs more?

Brother Michigan will become famous soon enough

Actually, you CAN break even; you just can't accomplish anything in the process.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 PM
>intel 4004

rich wargo will become famous soon enoughrich wargo will become famous soon enough

Okay, Bro Mich, I'll bite, let's hear how you can do that. I'm genuinely curious, as all my education, admittedly gained during the Pleistocene, always showed that there are no real processes that are thermodynamically 'perfect', i.e., you don't gain entropy.
Oh, and everything I post in these or any other forums, or anywhere else online for that matter, is strictly my personal opinion. I do not represent anyone. Especially the alleged company of which I am no longer an alleged employee.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:43 PM
>intel 4004

265586888 has a spectacular aura about265586888 has a spectacular aura about

Well, all charlie did there was simply the word "sh*t", I don't see why I can't do the same.

Let's try this:

Quote:
Netbook = sh*t graphics, I f*cking hate netbooks because it doesn't f***ing suit my *ucking needs. It can't even F-ing launch Office 2003 smoothly, for heaven's sake.

I also hate the g*dda*n Windows operating system because it's DRM infested and MAFIAA periodically mess around with all those *u**ing unnecessary DRM restrictions. In all fairness, nobody gives a **** about these eff-ing restrictions besides the idiotic MAFIAA and their members.
(Disclaimer: The above are random rants, and do not represent the opinion of the poster at time of posting.)

Okay, I managed to use only 3 out of 7... So can I have a grading of "B-"?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
2^10

system7 will become famous soon enough

I did watch my beloved Minnesota Vikings destroy the Dallas Cowboys last season 34-3 on an Atom netbook. Very enjoyable game, because some of us in the UK just love GridIron.

No shortage of graphics there. Perhaps I was driven to a dubious feed.

I think Charlie is just winding us up here. Which is OK. It's off topic.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 PM
2^10

TheHolyLancer is on a distinguished road

i have to say, atom and other CULV (i3 330UM incl) is certainly the best ebook reader + internet reader i have ever used, their batt life is amazing and ************ lasts a whole day

and certainly their gfx is enough for that... now i kinda want to get something like that for my self...
Old 09-08-2010, 05:42 PM
640k who needs more?

Brother Michigan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich wargo View Post
Okay, Bro Mich, I'll bite, let's hear how you can do that. I'm genuinely curious, as all my education, admittedly gained during the Pleistocene, always showed that there are no real processes that are thermodynamically 'perfect', i.e., you don't gain entropy.
That would be why you don't accomplish anything; the only way to do it is to have the process be entirely reversible. Of course, the entropy of the universe as a whole is constant.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:02 PM
kalizec

Quote:
Obviously, none of you have taken thermodynamics, which not only declare that you can't win, you can't even break even. You ALWAYS lose!
Sorry to break the otherwise completely ludicrously funny argument. But this just isn't entirely correct.

Entropy is statistical in nature. There are situations where there's a small chance of entropy decreasing, even in an isolated system. In the end though entropy 'always' wins out.

To re-extrapolate this into your argument...

You could consider the universe not only to be unfair, but also generally inconsistent about it :P
Old 09-08-2010, 10:43 PM
itanic

Cam is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

...Obviously, none of you have taken thermodynamics...

...If you can't read or think, why are you here?...

...If in spite of all this, you still insist on acting like a petulant child, whining about how 'unfair' it all is, well, that's just too effin' bad....

...go to www.whinysissies.com and play with the other gays....

...GO SIT IN A CORNER AND PLAY WITH YOURSELF. For most of you, it's the best we can expect from you, anyway....
Wow, just wow. I don't know what made you attack me like this... the gay comment was particularly imflammatory.
Closed Thread