SemiAccurate Forums  

Go Back   SemiAccurate Forums > Main Category > Off topic

Off topic Posts not related to technology

Old 01-03-2011, 05:46 AM
8-bit overflow

DeadTime will become famous soon enough
Default The death of a laptop.

Well sadly I must report through my own sheer stupidty I killed my IBM Thinkpad....I loved that ************ lappy. It was late, I was on darvocet, Xanax and soma.....and 1...yes I swear 1 beer.
As I stumbled to the bed room with my laptop and said beer I tripped....BOOSH...beer meet thinkpad...thinkpad meet beer...I heard the poor girl pop, the screen flared up then went black.

Now shes dead, I buried her out behind the garage and said a few words...she served me well....worse I spilled a Stella Artois on her....farewell thinkpad.
Gaming rig: AMD 1090T BE 6 core 3.2 Ghz, Gigabyte 890FX UD5 MB, 4 Gigs Mushkin Redline ddr3 1600, Sapphire 5970 OC, Muskin Callisto 60 GB SSD, Dual WD 1 TB black HD's, Antec 1200 case, Antec 850 PS, Zalman CNPS 10X extreme cooler
Linux rig: AMD dual cpu's FX-74 3.0 Ghz, Asus L1N64-ws MB, 8 gigs Mushkin DDR2 800, HIS 4670 ICEQ 1 gig, 2 TB WD black HD, Sentey Arvina 6400 case, Cougar 1000 PS, dual Zalman CNPS10X Extreme's
Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 AM
itanic

El Maño is on a distinguished road

At least it wasn't a Gordon's Finest Gold.
That would had been a deadly sin.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 AM
2^11

Nerdmaster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadTime View Post
Well sadly I must report through my own sheer stupidty I killed my IBM Thinkpad....I loved that ************ lappy. It was late, I was on darvocet, Xanax and soma.....and 1...yes I swear 1 beer.
As I stumbled to the bed room with my laptop and said beer I tripped....BOOSH...beer meet thinkpad...thinkpad meet beer...I heard the poor girl pop, the screen flared up then went black.

Now shes dead, I buried her out behind the garage and said a few words...she served me well....worse I spilled a Stella Artois on her....farewell thinkpad.
You have my sympathy.

Did you bury the laptop for real or this was a part of the joke?
(cause pcbs have toxic materials that need to be properly disposed.)
Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 PM
8-bit overflow

DeadTime will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdmaster View Post
You have my sympathy.

Did you bury the laptop for real or this was a part of the joke?
(cause pcbs have toxic materials that need to be properly disposed.)
Nope I really did put her in the ground, right next to one of my commodore 64s that died in an electrical storm.

I have a computer graveyard for all my beloved little electronic friends who served me well.
Gaming rig: AMD 1090T BE 6 core 3.2 Ghz, Gigabyte 890FX UD5 MB, 4 Gigs Mushkin Redline ddr3 1600, Sapphire 5970 OC, Muskin Callisto 60 GB SSD, Dual WD 1 TB black HD's, Antec 1200 case, Antec 850 PS, Zalman CNPS 10X extreme cooler
Linux rig: AMD dual cpu's FX-74 3.0 Ghz, Asus L1N64-ws MB, 8 gigs Mushkin DDR2 800, HIS 4670 ICEQ 1 gig, 2 TB WD black HD, Sentey Arvina 6400 case, Cougar 1000 PS, dual Zalman CNPS10X Extreme's
Old 01-03-2011, 07:10 PM
640k who needs more?

wuttz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Nope I really did put her in the ground, right next to one of my commodore 64s that died in an electrical storm.

I have a computer graveyard for all my beloved little electronic friends who served me well.
the giv't can help with that.
on another note, this might cheer you up.

bobcat in a thinkpad.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
2^11

alvter will become famous soon enoughalvter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
...I spilled a Stella Artois on her....farewell thinkpad...
I was expecting a smoked dark and manly beer or ale. A thirst quencher that would put hair on ones chest. Not like a liquid as sissy as a Stella. Your laptop got b!+(#-slapped and refused to get up! Now what does that say about the laptops owner?!

Quote:

Ahh, you're in the middle of making a super-fund site in the middle of your backyard... Good job!