Dual cores almost make up for the Windows overhead
Yes, in a few days, HP will be offering their DV2 with not only a dual core Congo based CPU, but also a full blown Athlon X2. As you can see, the two laptops look, well, exactly the same. I mean exactly. If it wasn’t for the fingerprints, there was a 50-50 chance I would walk away with a DV2 that had The Broken OS on it. The horror.
White is for X2
The X2 variant didn’t look exactly the same, it was steeped in fashionable white. In a flash of brilliance not usually displayed by computer manufacturers, HP made the screen surround black. Not only does it look good, but it also reduces eyestrain. Well done.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- A new x86 server part is back from the fabs - Sep 16, 2019
- Intel to crater pricing on Cascade Lake-X parts - Sep 10, 2019
- Xilinx VU19P is the worlds largest FPGA - Sep 4, 2019
- Intel’s Comet lake is ‘meh’, the launch was not - Aug 26, 2019
- Can Intel sell Xeons at a profit vs AMD’s Rome? - Aug 16, 2019