YOU KNOW HOW the story goes, no sooner do you buy a laptop than the newer one is announced. The HP DV2 that we got last week was just supplanted by a dual core model.
Dual cores almost make up for the Windows overhead
Yes, in a few days, HP will be offering their DV2 with not only a dual core Congo based CPU, but also a full blown Athlon X2. As you can see, the two laptops look, well, exactly the same. I mean exactly. If it wasn’t for the fingerprints, there was a 50-50 chance I would walk away with a DV2 that had The Broken OS on it. The horror.
White is for X2
The X2 variant didn’t look exactly the same, it was steeped in fashionable white. In a flash of brilliance not usually displayed by computer manufacturers, HP made the screen surround black. Not only does it look good, but it also reduces eyestrain. Well done.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023
- What does Intel’s Emerald Rapids bring to the fight - Mar 21, 2023
- A new ARM code name for a new market pops up - Mar 20, 2023
- A big ARM server project shut down in silence - Mar 14, 2023
- A bit more on AMD’s Genoa memory issues - Mar 13, 2023