NVIDIA IS EOLING the GTX480, but not really, in a similar fashion to the GTX285 last year. This time, it makes sense though, the replacement is already out.
Short story, you can’t order GTX480s any more if you are an AIB/OEM, you have to go with the GTX580. That isn’t a bad deal though, the new card is faster, marginally less power hungry, and costs Nvidia many times less to make.
In related news, the GTX460 is totally under water for Nvidia, every SKU appears to be selling at a loss. Expect that part to be replaced by a GTX560 in short order, we hear it is now January.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD releases a blue RX 5700 called Radeon Pro W5700 - Nov 19, 2019
- Intel sort of delays Cooper Lake but it is on time - Nov 19, 2019
- Centaur’s new CPU is the first x86 with an AI co-processor - Nov 18, 2019
- Intel outs Ponte Vecchio and Sapphire Rapids - Nov 17, 2019
- CPU startup Nuvia breaks cover - Nov 15, 2019