Codeplay is joining the RISC-V foundation and bringing their tools to the platform along for compiling and AI. SemiAccurate thinks the addition of high quality OpenCL and SYCL tools will be a boon for the architecture.
Codeplay joined the RISC-V foundation because their tools are being ported to the RISC-V architecture with NSITEXE and Kyoto Microcomputer Co, LTD using a grant from Japan’s NEDO. This is another grass roots research development that is starting on RISC-V and bringing a lot of tools with it. As we said years ago, how the ecosystem fills out will determine the fate of RISC-V and the addition of Codeplay and their tools is a big chunk filled in.S|A
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- What’s going on with Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC? - Sep 26, 2023
- What is the code name for the next Qualcomm laptop SoC? - Sep 19, 2023
- How fast is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC - Sep 19, 2023
- How is Qualcomm’s Oryon SoC doing? - Sep 12, 2023
- A new player enters the ARM laptop SoC space - Aug 16, 2023