Since SemiAccurate first reported that Samsung shut down its server teams only one question remained, “Why?” The answer to that has had many theories about problems at the company floated but we finally dug up the answer.
Since the shuttering of the program happened very quickly, without warning really, there have been few hard answers. The Samsung ARM server program was shut down a few weeks before our exclusive story in early June, various sources put it in early to mid-May.
Note: The following is analysis for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel said something important on their Q4/2020 analyst call - Feb 1, 2021
- AMD launches Ryzen 5000 Mobile APUs - Jan 26, 2021
- AMD’s Genoa gets a little clearer - Jan 25, 2021
- Another Intel outsourcing deal comes to light - Jan 20, 2021
- Qualcomm buys Nuvia for $1.4 Billion - Jan 13, 2021