This is Part 2 of a series on the insipid “PC does Whaaat?!” campaign, the unethical marketing behind it, and the problems with selling things no one wants. Part 1 was more of a rant on the slimy marketing behaviours of the CMOs of Microsoft, Intel, Dell, Lenovo, and HP, and what they will do to mislead consumers. This instalment is is much more serious and covers the actual root of the problems facing the PCs, why no one is willing to change it, and what could be done if any of the players really meant what they say.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s Milan SKUs reveal some interesting technologies - Mar 4, 2021
- Want to know the AMD Milan SKUs? - Mar 3, 2021
- AMD teases the Radeon 6700XT GPU - Mar 3, 2021
- Intel said something important on their Q4/2020 analyst call - Feb 1, 2021
- AMD launches Ryzen 5000 Mobile APUs - Jan 26, 2021