This is Part 2 of a series on the insipid “PC does Whaaat?!” campaign, the unethical marketing behind it, and the problems with selling things no one wants. Part 1 was more of a rant on the slimy marketing behaviours of the CMOs of Microsoft, Intel, Dell, Lenovo, and HP, and what they will do to mislead consumers. This instalment is is much more serious and covers the actual root of the problems facing the PCs, why no one is willing to change it, and what could be done if any of the players really meant what they say.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel’s Emerald Rapids has a big secret - Mar 27, 2023
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023
- What does Intel’s Emerald Rapids bring to the fight - Mar 21, 2023
- A new ARM code name for a new market pops up - Mar 20, 2023
- A big ARM server project shut down in silence - Mar 14, 2023