Another important detail about Qualcomm’s upcoming server chips has leaked to SemiAccurate. As usual we won’t give you any hints above the fold other than it also explains the release timing.
You might recall that SemiAccurate told you about the really innovative architecture of the Qualcomm server SoCs, a big problem that they ran into, and how the problems were later solved. We have not heard anything to change our outlook on the architecture, the problems, or the solution, but today’s news is a big hunk of clarity for that solution. It also explains a lot about why we haven’t seen the chip yet either, it all makes sense now.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s Milan SKUs reveal some interesting technologies - Mar 4, 2021
- Want to know the AMD Milan SKUs? - Mar 3, 2021
- AMD teases the Radeon 6700XT GPU - Mar 3, 2021
- Intel said something important on their Q4/2020 analyst call - Feb 1, 2021
- AMD launches Ryzen 5000 Mobile APUs - Jan 26, 2021