Remember when SemiAccurate told you who was in Nintendo’s NX/Switch? Remember the rest of what we said about the design ‘win’ for Nvidia’s Tegra?
As SemiAccurate exclusively told you almost six months ago, Nvidia ‘won’ the socket for Nintendo’s NX ‘console’ now called switch. As with out other exclusives about consoles like the XBox One silicon tapeout and the producer of the PS4’s chips, this one isn’t as up front as it seems, you can see that from the official Nvidia press release. It isn’t so much what they said directly, what matters is seeing it through the lens of the backstory. In light of the now public statements, things look a bit grim for Nintendo.
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Qualcomm outs the Snapdragon 765 and 865 - Dec 3, 2019
- Chris Hook and Heather Lennon leave Intel - Nov 27, 2019
- Information about the recent chip company reorg surface - Nov 26, 2019
- When is the 64-core Threadripper 3 due out? - Nov 26, 2019
- Decoding Intel’s Customer Supply Update letter - Nov 25, 2019