Remember when SemiAccurate told you who was in Nintendo’s NX/Switch? Remember the rest of what we said about the design ‘win’ for Nvidia’s Tegra?
As SemiAccurate exclusively told you almost six months ago, Nvidia ‘won’ the socket for Nintendo’s NX ‘console’ now called switch. As with out other exclusives about consoles like the XBox One silicon tapeout and the producer of the PS4’s chips, this one isn’t as up front as it seems, you can see that from the official Nvidia press release. It isn’t so much what they said directly, what matters is seeing it through the lens of the backstory. In light of the now public statements, things look a bit grim for Nintendo.
Note: The following is analysis for professional level subscribers only.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Raja Koduri and Dr. Randhir Thakur out at Intel - Mar 21, 2023
- What does Intel’s Emerald Rapids bring to the fight - Mar 21, 2023
- A new ARM code name for a new market pops up - Mar 20, 2023
- A big ARM server project shut down in silence - Mar 14, 2023
- A bit more on AMD’s Genoa memory issues - Mar 13, 2023