It looks like there is a new mobile memory spec in the works tentatively called LPDDR4x. This new (almost) standard looks to SemiAccurate like a lower power LPDDR4 with little else new.
According to a presentation by Samsung at the Qualcomm 3G/LTE Summit, the new memory spec will start seeing the light of day in late 2016 or early 2017. So what does LPDDR4x bring to the table and why is it important? More importantly, what are it’s prospects in the market?
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel has another delay to a major server platform - Jul 9, 2020
- Qualcomm launches the Snapdragon 865+ SoC - Jul 8, 2020
- AMD updates Ryzen 3000 to Ryzen 3000XT - Jul 7, 2020
- AMD has new server part back - Jul 6, 2020
- Qualcomm brings 5G to the mid-market with the 690 - Jun 16, 2020