It looks like there is a new mobile memory spec in the works tentatively called LPDDR4x. This new (almost) standard looks to SemiAccurate like a lower power LPDDR4 with little else new.
According to a presentation by Samsung at the Qualcomm 3G/LTE Summit, the new memory spec will start seeing the light of day in late 2016 or early 2017. So what does LPDDR4x bring to the table and why is it important? More importantly, what are it’s prospects in the market?
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel shows off future wafers at Vision - May 20, 2022
- Intel shows off advanced silicon at Vision - May 16, 2022
- When will Sapphire Rapids launch? - May 6, 2022
- AMD releases Ryzen 5000 C-Series for Chromebooks - May 5, 2022
- AMD’s Ryzen 5800X3D is too flawed for consumer use - Apr 14, 2022