It looks like there is a new mobile memory spec in the works tentatively called LPDDR4x. This new (almost) standard looks to SemiAccurate like a lower power LPDDR4 with little else new.
According to a presentation by Samsung at the Qualcomm 3G/LTE Summit, the new memory spec will start seeing the light of day in late 2016 or early 2017. So what does LPDDR4x bring to the table and why is it important? More importantly, what are it’s prospects in the market?
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s Milan SKUs reveal some interesting technologies - Mar 4, 2021
- Want to know the AMD Milan SKUs? - Mar 3, 2021
- AMD teases the Radeon 6700XT GPU - Mar 3, 2021
- Intel said something important on their Q4/2020 analyst call - Feb 1, 2021
- AMD launches Ryzen 5000 Mobile APUs - Jan 26, 2021