It looks like AMD just got a very interesting server part back from the fabs. SemiAccurate has learned that in late May, a surprise package arrived for the server team from Hsinchu, and it lays out an important timeline.
OK, we may be overstating it with the surprise bit but the package was very important for AMD. Any guesses what it is? Assuming you guessed right, you probably understand why it is so important too.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Another Intel outsourcing deal comes to light - Jan 20, 2021
- Qualcomm buys Nuvia for $1.4 Billion - Jan 13, 2021
- Pat Gelsinger is the best possible choice for CEO of Intel - Jan 13, 2021
- AMD’s CES keynote is a disclosure own goal - Jan 12, 2021
- Intel has a blizzard of offerings at CES 2021 - Jan 11, 2021