End of year lulls allow you to do things you haven’t had time for before like stories about Samsung 14nm FinFET SoCs. Not much to say about them but there are a few pretty pictures.
At ARM’s Techcon a few weeks ago Samsung was showing off their 14nm tech in three forms, a wafer, a 14nm SoC board, and a demo system running on said board. Here are two of the three, a 14nm FinFET wafer and the board it is chopped up and placed into. Said board running a ‘phone’ emulator playing a video is just that, it works, yay but not worth a picture. Enjoy.S|A
14nm FinFET wafer – Any guesses on yield?
A phone dev system board for 14nm SoCs
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s Milan SKUs reveal some interesting technologies - Mar 4, 2021
- Want to know the AMD Milan SKUs? - Mar 3, 2021
- AMD teases the Radeon 6700XT GPU - Mar 3, 2021
- Intel said something important on their Q4/2020 analyst call - Feb 1, 2021
- AMD launches Ryzen 5000 Mobile APUs - Jan 26, 2021