End of year lulls allow you to do things you haven’t had time for before like stories about Samsung 14nm FinFET SoCs. Not much to say about them but there are a few pretty pictures.
At ARM’s Techcon a few weeks ago Samsung was showing off their 14nm tech in three forms, a wafer, a 14nm SoC board, and a demo system running on said board. Here are two of the three, a 14nm FinFET wafer and the board it is chopped up and placed into. Said board running a ‘phone’ emulator playing a video is just that, it works, yay but not worth a picture. Enjoy.S|A
14nm FinFET wafer – Any guesses on yield?
A phone dev system board for 14nm SoCs
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- HyperX ships it’s 60 millionth enthusiast memory module - Oct 15, 2018
- Bittware/Nallatech water cools 300W of Xilinx FPGA - Oct 12, 2018
- More on Intel’s 10nm process problems - Sep 17, 2018
- Intel puts out another 14nm 2020 server platform - Sep 11, 2018
- Why Can’t Intel Supply Enough 14nm Xeons? - Sep 10, 2018