End of year lulls allow you to do things you haven’t had time for before like stories about Samsung 14nm FinFET SoCs. Not much to say about them but there are a few pretty pictures.
At ARM’s Techcon a few weeks ago Samsung was showing off their 14nm tech in three forms, a wafer, a 14nm SoC board, and a demo system running on said board. Here are two of the three, a 14nm FinFET wafer and the board it is chopped up and placed into. Said board running a ‘phone’ emulator playing a video is just that, it works, yay but not worth a picture. Enjoy.S|A
14nm FinFET wafer – Any guesses on yield?
A phone dev system board for 14nm SoCs
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- AMD’s 3D V-Cache takes the advanced packaging lead - Jun 1, 2021
- AMD releases CPUs and GPUs at Computex - May 31, 2021
- Intel’s honesty shows through at Computex 2021 - May 30, 2021
- Qualcomm launches the Snapdragon 7c2 compute platform - May 24, 2021
- Qualcomm announces modem goodies at their 5G Summit - May 19, 2021