To follow up on last week’s Ice Lake-SP quiz we now ask how many cores Sapphire Rapids-SP has. The answer SemiAccurate exclusively told you about in October was 56, so why are we asking again?
No it has nothing to do with our exclusive reveal of the PCIe5 lane count on Sapphire Rapids either, but it is a direct result of what we learned researching the Ice Lake-SP core counts. Perhaps a bit more interesting than the number is the reason why it was done, it is an object lesson in what not to do if your overarching intent is anything but giving your company a public black eye.
Note: The following is for professional and student level subscribers.
Disclosures: Charlie Demerjian and Stone Arch Networking Services, Inc. have no consulting relationships, investment relationships, or hold any investment positions with any of the companies mentioned in this report.
Latest posts by Charlie Demerjian (see all)
- Intel might be launching discrete mobile GPUs - Oct 31, 2020
- ARM server vendor lays off 130 and cancels cores - Oct 30, 2020
- Interesting details emerge about Intel’s Rocket Lake CPU - Oct 30, 2020
- Codeplay joins the RISC-V foundation - Oct 29, 2020
- Intel’s palpable desperation on display with Rocket Lake - Oct 29, 2020